Castle Clash - iOS Today: 1    Total Posts: 112392

Total:#45

Create Thread

[Discussion] Resigning

Hot Topics Close [Copy link] 44/7601

Posted on 3/29/14 3:13:00 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Cant comment on your own post? Hm. Anyhow, Shrapnel, when I first saw this thread I internally face palmed, but decided not to say anything... But he had to bump this back up? Really?

Signature
Posted on 3/29/14 9:30:53 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I understand your theory on copyright information LA... but im quite sure that if that infact was a plausible reason to remove though you're still a member of the forum...  Eva would most certainly acquired the proper release for said content to remain within the forum. if it was for content not related to IGG I do believe youd be in the clear of any responsibility of displaying as long as you commented as to the origination of said content. Hence maintaining material as copyright yet on loan. Im almost 100% sure you would not of been banned or had black n whites knocking on your door for copyright infringement on a game forum no matter how you addressed. Even if you didnt at all. Just my opinion. Hope you enjoy retirement from the headaches that being a volunteer moderator brings espdcially with administrators that are not the most helpful. But this whole thread and your resignation could have and should have been handled with less fireworks. That was most definitely left to how you went about it. Especially if it was a voluntary resignation... as I believe it was. To get the admins to say peep is hard enough. But a forced resignation doesnt happen. Heck I had screenshots of a COL mod scheming, harrassing, belittling and unequivocally missusing power and it was only said mods actions that caused for their demise. Well thats my two... maybe 3 cents. Good luck Lord Assassin. As with COL forum im know allnthe positive things you brought to the table and to modzone will be missed. Cheers

Signature
Posted on 3/29/14 9:56:01 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

(84303728) replied at 3-29-2014 09:30 PM
I understand your theory on copyright information LA... but im quite sure that if that infact was a  ...

I believe you misunderstood what I meant about the copyright claims.

Here is a section of IGG's Terms of Service:

(c) User Content. Users can upload Content to our servers in various forms, such as in selections you make for IGG Games and in bulletin boards and similar user-to-user areas. Unless specified otherwise in your transmission, by submitting your Content, you automatically grant (or you warrant that the owner of such Content has expressly granted) to us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Other Users may use any Content you submit and we assume no responsibility for such use to any person, in particular, for any misuse or any compensation for any use. We hereby expressly reserve the right to limit our storage capacity for Users’ Content that you post on, through or in connection with the Services. We shall not be liable for any deletion or loss of any Content. You further agree that your Content may be deleted or removed by us at any time as we deem fit in our sole discretion.

Now, I did specify that I was not granting them a license of any sort with my information provided. However, to even further secure my claims of not providing them a license, I removed the information entirely. (As that you know other Moderators can edit posts, and since I no longer visit the forums very often, you never know if one of them will remove the portion of the FAQ thread in which I stated that I wasn't granting IGG a license to the copyrighted information)
Of course the chance of them removing it was slim to none, but it could still have happened none-the-less. So, to completely remove that portion and save myself the headaches of legal actions if it were to happen, I decided to remove the information entirely after taking some proof of copyright claims in case I ever had to take legal actions against the forums, or individuals.

Of course, as you've probably noticed, they did re-create the FAQ thread with the exact same, or relatively close to the same questions / answers which is against copyright laws, so I may need to take legal actions anyways. (I've been trying to work with them to change things so I don't have to)
So of course, by removing the information, it didn't save me any headaches lol.
But, such is life.

Anyways, thank you for your appreciation, and time in writing.
Sincerely,
Assassin.

Add post (3-29-2014 09:58 PM):
P.S I am enjoying the lack of headaches from forum threads, and simply not caring anymore immensely. :P

Add post (3-29-2014 10:00 PM):
Also, if any of the IOS Moderators could push this down again, that would be much appreciated as that I do not want to bring more attention to this thread because it has already been dealt with.

Signature
Posted on 3/29/14 10:38:26 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

LordAssassin100 replied at 3-29-2014 09:56 PM
I believe you misunderstood what I meant about the copyright claims.

Here is a section of IGG's T ...

LEGAL ACTIONS? LMAO get real dude. You would have to prove damages to get anything accomplished besides them being force to take down the info and that's never going to happen because they can easily claim fair use. You posted that crap on a forum for the benefit of this community, nor is there a market for that information, so basically you have nothing to protect. JUST STFU

Signature
Posted on 3/29/14 11:47:31 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

let this thread die already..

Signature