Castle Clash - iOS Today: 3    Total Posts: 110304

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Off-Topic] Interview the player: Meet the new moderator!

[Copy link] 8/1695

Posted on 11/19/15 8:56:54 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello iOS Clashers,

I am taking a different format this time around.  I realized after a few comments in different threads there is a minority of forum users that do not know me other than my forum personality.  So I am going to do an introduction and let you all ask what questions you would like. I will do my best to answer them in the comments.  Keep things clean appropriate.

Background:

I have been working in the IT field for about 20 years now.  I have worked for companies such as America Online, Fed Ex system support, Dell, eBay and even the Internal Revenue service.  Besides gaming I am avid Oakland Raider, Chicago Bull and New York Yankee fan.  I play Fantasy Football and have a team called the Amari aMOREs after Amari Coooper.  I am married with one daughter and two dogs.

My Gaming Journey:

My first gaming experience was at the Arcades in the early 80s with games Pacman, Space Invaders, Punchout, Digdug and Poleposition.  First console was an Atari with games Missile Command, Pong, Qbert, Donkey Kong, Frogger and Centipede.  In my teens we got our first NES and quickly got hooked on Super Mario bros, Duck Hunt, Final Fantasy, Ultima, Castlevania and a host of others.  My first PC game was Myst then Warcraft.  My first online game was Everquest which I played on and off for about 10 years with WoW and bunch of other games along the way.  Married life doesn't permit the time commitment that MMORPGs demand so I turned to mobile gaming to scratch my gaming itch.  Started with a game called Castle Age which wasn't great and eventually lead to CC.  Other than video games I dabble in Magic the Gathering tournaments, and make a yearly pilgrimage to PAX Prime with my gaming friends.   I did play a bit of pen and paper style games like Middle Age Role Play (based on Lord of the Rings).  I enjoy board games especially Monopoly and the Farming game.

STOP Clashing Time:

I started playing in Feburary of 2014 to get free gold in a game called War of Nations.  I got hooked straight away. My in game name is Rankdog (big surprise). In May, I started my own guild from an existing smurf guild called Shadestalkers.  It was meant to be a safe haven for players like myself that wanted to learn and coach others.  It has peaked in the top 50 in both donations and might as we have gone through peaks and valleys.  Some of my gaming peaks include:

-Rolling Revite 5... no joke it took a long time.
-Beating and them farming HBM J before I had Molt and before Aries.
-Soloing J with Vlad before inscriptions (and soloing everything else including a 3 min boss 3 cycle)
-Beating HBM T and HT L12 for all heroes.
-Getting to and farming ED 7-10, ID 1-10 and 3 flaming ID 4-10
-Getting to number 3 in arena (still working on number 1)
-Beating Boss 3 and Boss 4 for the first time.

Moderator experience:

Since I started online gaming in 1999, I have moderated several forums, line chats, teamspeak/ventrillo servers and Facebook groups.  I served in more guild or alliance's leaderships then I can remember.  Moderating the iOS CC forums like slipping on old shoe of sorts.  I am happy for the opportunity to join the mod team and help build the iOS community.  Keyword being "help" because its the entire iOS community that will make the forums great.

Fire away with any questions you have and I will do my best to answer.

Signature
Posted on 11/19/15 10:17:40 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Welcome!  I assume that's not your wife and daughter.

Signature
Visualize Whirled Peas
Posted on 11/19/15 1:32:16 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Rather surprising that you have not gotten to rank 1 Arena yet, hang in there and you shall.

What hero do you think it's the best designed in game?  Taking in the timing / lore and also the functionality and role in your composition?

Signature
Wesvaroth of 7Seas on iOS
Posted on 11/19/15 4:34:06 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Artwork and design wise, I like Aries. I thought Kahar did a great job on him.  Overall, I would have to go with Moltanica.  He is powerful but not too powerful, his design is awesome, the graphic on his proc is awesome.  Also he is a dragon, what's not to love about Dragons.

Signature
Posted on 11/21/15 7:57:45 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Nice and keep it up. We need ppl like you!

Signature
Posted on 11/25/15 3:52:11 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Wait who is the best hero or which one will be the best PD/spirit Mage/or skull knight wich one

Signature
Posted on 11/25/15 9:44:06 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Wait... you're a dog??

That explains so much.

Signature

Posted on 4/5/16 3:43:17 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

This thread has been banned.

Signature
Posted on 4/5/16 6:22:03 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Nice I had an Atari also, great systems to play on. Plus cute yorkies I have 2 also.

Signature