Castle Clash - iOS Today: 1    Total Posts: 108667

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Discussion] Is it just me, or is this game losing interest??

[Copy link] 7/546

Posted on 2/7/17 2:36:01 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I've been around since Cupid was released.  Bought over 1.5m gems so I've colllected all the "bonus" stuff.  Haven't bought gems in prob 6 months.  It almost seems like a chore, oh it's guild wars day, gotta get on or my guild will boot me.  (No offense to my current guild Darkknights, great group of guys highly recommended, and we always seem to have one or two slots open, so if you're looking for a great guild (don't hold me to this, I THINK they require 180k might or better).

Anyone else feeling this way or is it just me??

Signature
Posted on 2/7/17 4:29:00 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think thats the general feeling among many players who have been around awhile.  New players who are catching up don't face the issue.  IGG slowed down content and focused more on guild centric features and creating new revenue streams.

Signature
Posted on 2/7/17 9:03:00 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Doesn't that happen with every game?  

I find myself taking my 180ee's to 200 because there doesn't seem any point in wasting fame to raise unused heroes.  I didn't think I'd ever be at that point, but here I am.

Signature
Visualize Whirled Peas
Posted on 2/7/17 12:20:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Well, so far my interest in the game is only growing. I started playing about 1.5 years ago and have recently joined a new guild and that has only sparked my interest in the game. In fact, I joined specifically for the guild-centric stuff since I can pretty much do the rest on my own anyway. 

There is one thing I do in every game I have played so far. I NEVER race to try and be the first to get to some level or rank, or be the fastest to upgrade or level stuff. I have found that is a recipe for boredom - eventually - because a player can eventually run out of goals. 

So I deliberately take it slow - am always behind the curve - so there is always something to aim for. Hence, I am never bored, or left wondering what to do next. And I let no one, and nothing jolt me out of this turtle mode.

Signature
f2p and flying!
Join Mutilator!!!
Posted on 2/7/17 10:48:24 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't think the game is losing interest.  Based on our Fireworks result, how high the Bonanza gets, and the overall position on Top Grossing Apps, Castle Clash is still about where it has always been the last few years.

I am concerned that th2 new update is going to put a serious dent in the active population.  Just like when GW was released, we are seeing a pretty big exodus of players, moving around to more active guilds.  I think a significant portion of the casual player base that is left behind, might simply just quit the game when they see their active members leave.

Signature
Posted on 2/12/17 4:20:21 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

The game is definitly time consuming and can be a chore just to not fall behind, so to speak. I think the main thing that I enjoy about the game is the interaction with all my guild members and other online friends.

Signature
***Mutilator Guild***
Posted on 2/13/17 10:42:54 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

You're prolly in that boredom barrier.

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
• Guild: ShadeStalkers
Posted on 2/18/17 6:48:37 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Definitely not bored. I love that when I open up CC There either option A: Collect everything and sweep. Takes 5 minutes, OR B: Do the Quest board, Run all the locations like Lost Battles, Team HBM, Team Dungeon, Sort out Warehouse (always adding Crests together and optimising what's on the Altar heroes for room, Push further in Insane Dungeons or Give HBM a shot at next level. Arena ( I'm competitive there and like to keep my score at least at 100 per hour.) Expediation, Lost Realm, usually get 1-2 Demons with easy wins which is great for Red xtals. Then Raid till my Vaults are full. At least 1 maybe 2 hours. Oh and Castle Crisis if it's running.

So you get what you put in I guess, and there is always new content and tweaks. Can't fault it yet apart from no gem acquisition event for a looong time, even if it doesn't contain a new Hero like Destroyer (which it should) but I'd like to see some pay off for the thousands I've spent so far on the game again, as that always lifts things quite some.

Signature
"So why did you make a thread with no preface just random facts?"
- Anerdy "Drunk"