Castle Clash - iOS Today: 3    Total Posts: 109023

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Discussion] Throttling back

[Copy link] 4/285

Posted on 2/7/17 11:31:56 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I am also frustrated on not advancing in HBM. I am level S.  I have mfollowed base building tactic of the best,   I have an arsenal of double evolved heroes at level 180 and level 9's.  since the examples I see of people beating level T with no evolved heroes with less firepower it makes me believe that my play is being throttled back.  This is making the game too frustrating to play. Anyone else in this boat? anyone made it out of this boat?

Signature
DSK
Posted on 2/8/17 12:47:14 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Beating HBM II is 50% luck, 50% everything else.  How many times have you attempted S?  5?  10?  100?  Believe it or not, it matters.

The rule of thumb for HBM II is this:  If your heroes can get to S-5 consistently, then all you need to do is run it over and over and over, until you get the lucky spawn that doesn't destroy all your buildings.  I am not kidding.  Took me around 30-40 HBM cards to beat T when I did.  Eventually the Molts will simply miss a random building and you win.

Youtube videos only show the win.  Not the hell that lead up to the win.

On the bright side though, if you think T is frustrating, wait till you start in on AA...  That is a whole new level of crap.

Signature
Posted on 2/8/17 8:26:00 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hobitsox, you might as well start working on a Scatter team for HBM T and beyond.  You will need them.

Provide some details on your base and heroes, and we'll be glad to make some suggestions.  No one can help you as you've given no real info.

Everyone gets stuck at some point along the way.  It's the joy/pain of the gaming experience.  It wouldn't be fun if it was too easy.

Signature
Visualize Whirled Peas
Posted on 2/8/17 4:32:35 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

You should be able to beat hbm S no problem. T too. Your heroes are strong enough to atleast beat T. Like above said it depends on the luck of your spawns. For T you want to make sure the molt doesn't come in a direction that will wipe out all of your buildings at once. I used this base for my YouTube video a while back and i beat s first try. Try that base. As for T that base didn't work out well for it so I used a side base. You can ask cc Decon on linechat for a good base :)

Signature
Posted on 2/10/17 2:49:03 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Understand a few things.  HBM S being beat in the times before evolution involved perfecting existing avenues of strengthening heroes (skill/inscription/crests), building strong towers and garrisons, and luck involving the spawns. 

You can get by with weaker towers/garrisons lower skills/inscriptions/crests with pets/artifacts/evolution.  The luck factor is still going a considering factor with spawns. 

That being said, do not be dismayed.  We all have points in the game we have to take a step back, reinforce our arsenal and reevaluate our strategy.

Signature