Castle Clash - iOS Today: 1    Total Posts: 109603

Total:#15

Create Thread

[Discussion] LR Alter bug

[Copy link] 14/558

Posted on 3/12/17 2:19:52 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I had 2 alters in LR a level 19 and a level 11. each were won from me and when the 4 hours were up I went back in to take it back but to my surprise, the level 19 became level 10 and the level 11 became level 8.

So instead of progressing to a higher level through multiple battles, it regressed. How is this even happening?

If the alters could regressed in such a manner than LR alters are not worth the effort to battle for and to keep.

Please fix this bug.

Edit: My apologies did not realised thaty I was in the 'Guild' section. Can a Mod pls move it to the correct section. Thank you.

Signature
My favorite game --> Castle Clash......
Posted on 3/12/17 9:46:37 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

This is not a bug.  You get new altars from time to time.

Signature
Visualize Whirled Peas
Posted on 3/12/17 3:01:32 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I am aware that you will get another alter from time to time but to get another alter from a level 19 to level 11 is simply not progressive play.

Every aspect of the game is designed as progressive play, you level up your heros, you may start at Lava 1 and progress to level 4, same with WG, HBM, HT and etc.

You defend your alter constantly so that the alter level will increase not decrease!

Hence if this is not considered a bug, it is therefore a bad design. I would rather consider it a bug.

Alters may change which is fine but it should at the very least be the same level, not lower e.g from lvl 19 to 11. Players do put in effort to defend their alters and want to be rewarded accordingly.

Either bug or bad design, IGG ought to fix this.

Signature
Posted on 3/15/17 10:14:10 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Its neither a bug nor bad design.
If you cant beat an altar held by someone at server reset, the altar is changed to a different altar with a different opponent. If you beat him then you continue to battle each other for 24hrs ONLY, at the next reset if you hold it, there will be a new opponent.
This is so that someone who has the best heroes and Talents possible, doesnt "hog" or "control" all 6 of his Altars forever.
Its actually a well balanced way of doing it.

Signature
https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelsYoda
LINE: iYoDa2.0
Posted on 3/15/17 11:11:48 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

...and there you have it!

Signature
Posted on 3/15/17 10:05:34 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thank you for your response iYoDa.

I agree with you that the design which changes alters for the reasons you mentioned is good.

Unfortunately though, you missed my point completely.

To highlight this point,

Its about getting a demoted alter when the change occur. I take it that you have not experienced getting demoted from a e.g. level 20 alter to a level 12 alter. It's really demotivating when such occur.

When an alter change occurs, it should be for another alter of same level or higher level. Not lower and by so many levels as well.

Winning an alter is not the issue since I have won back an alter every time thus far. I put a weak defending team so that through multiple battles, the alter level would increase.

In addition, I have also noticed that a alter could have 4 different players vying for it. Seems a tad bit abnormal cuz if each player holds the alter for 4 hours min, then each player actually loses the alter for 12 hours where he can do nothing. Would be nice if the the number of players vying for an alter is staged at 2 instead of 4 but this is a good to have thats all. 

Coming back to my original point, players expect to get promoted alters for their efforts and find it de-motivating and frustrating when the alter level gets demoted especially by as many as 8 levels.

From level 19 to level 11? Come on IGG! You can do better than that to motivate your players.

Signature
Posted on 3/17/17 9:11:08 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

The problem isn't the design of the game, the problem is: "I put a weak defending team so that through multiple battles, the alter level would increase."  When you try to "game" the system, you won't always get the results you want. This is not IGGs problem IMHO, but of course you're welcome to disagree.

Signature
Posted on 3/18/17 9:22:29 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

'When you try to "game" the system..."

In every aspect of this game concept, its progressive growth. The alters in LR is designed to grow through multiple battles. It's the only way to "grow" an alter. This is not "gaming the system", its the game's system!

Indeed, this is not IGG's fault, at least not the way you perceive it as, neither is it my fault that your response is due to a lack of comprehension..rather, this is your own fault [ edit to add the following for clarity] for not understanding the issue highlighted.

Signature
Posted on 3/18/17 11:14:38 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Yes i do understand your complaint, however there are only so many level 20 altars available and its certainly not enough to give them to every player.
That said, it is random choice as this game is heavily on rng.
Chances are you gained that level 20 altar on a random switch and i highly doubt yhat in 24 hours you and the same person levelled it up yourself.
If you own the altar at reset then your opponent changes (the person who can challenge it), if someone else owns it at server reset then its replaced with a random altar, basically whatever is available.

At no point will an altar you hold be demoted, that occurs when you dont own it.

And to answer your question, 4 days ago i had a level 22, 2x 21 and a 19 turn into 3x 12 and a 14

Signature
https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelsYoda
LINE: iYoDa2.0
Posted on 3/22/17 10:06:30 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

No one else wants a better LR alter leveling system?

Signature