Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 110119

Total:#41

Create Thread

[Discussion] 7seas and SK guildhopping

Hot Topics [Copy link] 40/3189

Posted on 7/27/17 10:14:01 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

We (SavageBunnies) are facing 7seas and SK today, both in their hopper guilds (7Seas3 and YouGotAFrenemy). These people are using 2 guilds; 1 they fill with their 75 members and the other guild they fill with 2-3 accounts and lose GW on purpose. That way the next GW you get matched with MUCH lower ranked guilds and thus get an easy win. They move all 75 members twice a week, win GW, move to the guild that just lost on purpose.

These guilds doing it are #1 and #4 on the server! You would think they can handle a real fight. They hop to avoid fighting same or lower might guilds as KOA, D9K, DK, LoG and the Russian guilds.

Not only do I find this incredibly cowardly, but by avoiding the top 10 guilds, guilds like ours get punished because they are too afraid to fight their same might opponents. Instead of a fight with #1 #2 #3 #4 and #5, #1 and #4 now get matched with #23, #25 and #40. That means the gap in #2, #3 and #5 also needs to be filled by lower guilds, placing even more lower guilds in fights they shouldn't be in.

We are all part of a community of a game we love, and we're all responsible for that community. I don't think there is any honour in this hopping. 

What do you guys think? Abusive exploiting or just smart play?

Signature
Join SavageBunnies now!
Posted on 7/27/17 10:38:07 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

If their might is really high aren't you getting more fame by beating their bases, even if you come in 3rd place? I'm just curious? I'm sure you use apm, so are you a cheater as well? I think everyone takes advantage of the glitches the game has in my opinion

Signature
Posted on 7/27/17 12:22:26 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

First of all, your premise is flawed. 7Seas can speak for itself but speaking as an SKer, we are NOT jumping to avoid KOA/D9K or have easier wars.  There really are only 2-3 guilds on the entire server that can realistically beat us and our record in GW over the last year plus shows that.  The irony in an APM user like you complaining about gaming the system is beyond silly. So since you don't understand the fundamentals of the GW system, let me give you a brief explanation:

As it stands, GW penalizes players who're very high might and guilds at the very top level that want to will consistently have to enforce a strict might restriction.  What that means is that players who've put their hard earned money/time in the game have to artificially keep their might low for the greater good to help their guilds win.  This is the general system that top 5-10 guilds and beyond use for GW.  The problem is this is only a short-term fix.  Beyond a certain point, it becomes hard to artificially hold down might and substantially progress.  Top guilds have been wrestling with how to manage this issue in their own ways.  When some of our long term members who made SK what it was were forced to leave because of the artificial might restrictions, we had a choice to make:  accommodate them and yet continue to win GW.  Until IGG fixes this issue, the only way SK can accomplish both is by guild jumping and removing might restrictions on all players.  Guild jumping allows us to be individually the best we can be without punishing the guild for our success.

You think SK is worried about facing top guilds in GW?  You know nothing of the SK ethos and never will.  Seems to me you're whining about the situation and hand given the constraints instead of coming up with a solution that works for you and your guild.  Good luck in GW today!

Signature
Silent_Knights
Top 5 iOS Might Guild
LINE ID:  AvengingAngelCC

Silent_Knights Recruitment Thread:  http://ccios.forum.igg.com/topic?fcid=308&ctid=191102&nfid=0
Posted on 7/27/17 1:05:00 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Igg just released their biggest P2W update ever and your biggest problem with the game is guildhopping?   

And like SK said above, it's not about being scared, it's about getting around the might penalties that Igg had built into the GW scoring system.  So continue using your approved cheating methods (APM) and keep stealing that fame you wouldn't have been able to get without it.

Signature

Boss 4 Daily: Sun-Tue 14:00 / Wed-Sat 21:15
Contact on Line: AvengingAngelCC, platon12
Posted on 7/27/17 2:50:21 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

While I think guild hopping is a problem, I feel the thread isn't directed at the right target.

I don't view 7seas, SK, or any of the other guilds who hop, as the real problem.  Taking advantage of game exploits, is nothing new.  I consider hopping no different than APM mode, or waiting till the reset to do your LBF runs.  None of this was likely intended on release.

The problem is that these exploits continue to exist.  The fact that guild hopping is even a thing is absolutely ridiculous in a competitive game. I believe everyone who is pissed off about these exploits, should point their rage toward IGG and the development team, and not at each other.   

If we do that, maybe it might even be fixed sometime before 2020.

Course there is still the persisting problem of required might restrictions, but one catastrophe at a time.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 7/27/17 3:57:24 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Some one call 2 wahhhhhmbulances for these two guilds.

Signature
Posted on 7/27/17 4:44:18 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

People are always looking for a competitive edge and you can't really fault players when it's within the rules in place. However an issue like this should have been addressed by the developers already as this is an ongoing problem. A longer cool down for leaving a guild could be implemented to prevent quick guild hopping. Yet another system in castle clash that isn't working as intended... What a surprise.

Signature
Posted on 7/27/17 5:13:04 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

quit :(

Signature
Posted on 7/27/17 5:34:47 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

My points is: what we r doing can not be a good thing... trust me, if we have a chance we will stop hopping... I can say I'm the head of this move here in seas... till igg fix this broken scoring system, we won't have another option...this is not about f****king lower guilds... it is not fun to take the whole map in FF in one min and have no action later... it is no fun to hit hard lower guilds in GW... but also, doesn't seem fair to top spender have to consume their money playing with MIGHT cap...

Ps: sk... nice words, but if u talking about jump to run away from MIGHT cap, pls remove MIGHT cap cause it brings no credibility to ur words...

Signature
Posted on 7/27/17 5:37:01 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Posters like CastleYork apparently totally missed the point of why top guilds without might restrictions are forced to jump in the first place.  Completely understandable if you’ve not been in a top 5-10 guild before.  So let me try to explain in even simpler terms than the ones I used earlier:

It’s mathematically impossible at times to win a GW without might restrictions.  There are situations where you’re going to place 4th and 5th before the first battle in GW has even taken place because of point differentials as they stand (again, without might restrictions).  SK has beat EVERY top guild in the game many times over.  So it was never an issue of an easier war for us.  It was an issue of keeping our longtime SKers together without the rest of the guild being inconvenienced.

What CastleYork is basically saying (even though he doesn’t understand it) is that instead of coming in 1st and 2nd like we usually do, SK deserves to come in 4th and 5th every single war by removing might restrictions and not hopping.  No serious guild in their right mind would voluntarily choose to give up hundreds of fame per war because the developers screwed up and didn’t think it through.  SKers would much rather stay in one guild with all our top mights and not have to worry about jumping but it’s ludicrous to be penalized for having high might players in a game that otherwise encourages having higher might.

So maybe instead of commenting on things they don’t understand or whining about it, some players would be better off focusing on their accounts and their guilds.

Signature
Silent_Knights
Top 5 iOS Might Guild
LINE ID:  AvengingAngelCC

Silent_Knights Recruitment Thread:  http://ccios.forum.igg.com/topic?fcid=308&ctid=191102&nfid=0