Castle Clash - iOS Today: 14    Total Posts: 111074

Total:#41

Create Thread

[Discussion] 7seas and SK guildhopping

Hot Topics [Copy link] 40/3478

Posted on 7/28/17 11:18:07 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

We need a box of tissues asap!  Why should any guild care about other guilds?  It's called war, not spin the bottle. What a bunch of skirts.
You wanna win then spend more money, it is that simple. Otherwise just have fun and take your weekly spanking.

Signature
Posted on 7/28/17 11:24:31 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Come on Kruppe1, don't put down the other players like that.

Spanking seems a bit naughty =)

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
• Guild: ShadeStalkers
Posted on 7/28/17 6:05:23 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I get that it's not ideal and it's for sure a shame that IGG can't figure out a way to improve the system but I don't get what the big deal is exactly.

Maybe it's a recruiting thing? Like you can't post how you come in first/second in GW all the time in line now? SavageBunnies seems to be IMO a solid guild with solid leadership. I'm sure they can see there is more than that to running a guild. In one of the lasts posts you make a point to say you are highly competitive, chill, and "always beating higher light guilds". Doesn't SK and Seas jumping benefit you and your members at all? It provides you more competition, it gives your members more high might targets to beat, and gives you opportunity to live up to your word and beat higher might guilds. Sure you have quite a bit of work to do to beat either but you're the one boasting it. You may have to cut low might members to win but you don't seem to have a problem with that seeing as though you have no problem telling us to cut high might to win and faulting us when we choose another path to keep them.

Doesn't matter much anyway cause we are doing this for an easy win right? Even tho we know that we will likely face seas more often then not. Are you saying seas is easy? We aren't. In fact they are packed with top accounts and the best players. Our "easy win" last night was us coming in 2nd. Guess what! We still got the same amount of fame that we woulda got coming in first with might limits, enforcing ZERO mistakes, cutting friends, hitting only top5, and so on. So sorry for choosing the "easy way". Again tho without seas and sk in your bracket would you have 30 people score 3300+ points? Likely not I'm betting. In fact I'm willing to bet you got close to 1st place fame even coming in at third. Would that be the case if we (sk/seas) weren't in your bracket? Maybe or maybe not I dunno. Safe to assume tho you prolly wouldn't have the what 20+ 300k+ targets to browse thru. Also in order to get a high score would be forced to hit top5.

I talked to Ramon leader of LoG at length about this and he has valid and thoughtful arguments about it. Those conversations would be great to have. If you wanna actually have a discussion about it instead of posting flawed assumptions and crap on the forum hit me up in line my ID is ao17-

Signature
In pace requiescat
Contact ao17- in LineApp to apply
Posted on 7/29/17 5:17:32 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Andy, to emphasise this matter and as we all know the pairing system is really poor.

Without thoughtful thinking it's like a feature that's been slapped on and not properly conducted or tested at earlier stage.

I won't really whine too much who the guilds get paired with but the fact that the system need to be improved soon.

The wars' becoming reality here in the forum.

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
Posted on 7/29/17 5:43:49 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I dont think it is ever possible to have a good pairing system.

First we had the purely random matchups, which were boring cause basically the outcome was as far as I remember it always the might value of the guilds.

Then IGG came up with the bracket system of 50 guilds. Suddendly the guilds from rank 31-50, who were used to be #1 in gw under the initial system, got f***. They had now to face the top 10 and stood no chance.
But because now there was a mechanic and not pure RNG players started to analyze it. Cause under this system being guild #51 was basically a sure first rank, while being guild #50 was certainly a 5th rank. So guilds started dropping in might, just to be not rank 50.

Then we had the next iteration that tries to pair guilds on their recent victories. This sounds like a good system to make interesting matchups. In the end it is probably better than the bracket system. The problem suddendly came up for the top guilds. Cause for all other guilds they started winning until they met someone stronger.
But at the top ranks there is an end to this system. Because if you get beaten by a guild there is no better guild and you get matched endlessly with the guild being better, loosing over and over.

So players started to analyze and how to win again. The problem is, like I wrote before, you cannot improve in gameplay at the top. Basically everyone 3 flames everytime, besides the rare exceptions. So all you can do is analyze the scoring system and this is were we are now with might caps and guild hopping.

I think I have said my opinion on gw probably unlimited times. It cannot be fixed in any way. Regardless what you do, someone will have an unfair advantage and someone else  a disadvantage.
So if you accept this, get rid of that damn rank bonus. Make the rank in gw just a pride thing, but have no meaning in game rewards. Remove the 0.3 to 0.45 multiplier and replace it with a fixed one for everyone. This would turn gw into he v2, which it is in my opinion. Just my 2 cents

Signature
Posted on 7/29/17 11:19:12 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

In regards to this GW, there's so many things to work on.

From pairing, APM and unlimited ending the attack before the 50% mark.

Pairing, this is more complicated, it really needs a thorough thinking/balancing where all parties will be satisfied.

APM as it is iOS' feature cannot be rid off but the reconnecting time can be limited/restricted.

Unlimited Ending before the 50% mark, cap it to just a normal attack.

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
Posted on 7/30/17 10:13:00 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think guild hopping can be prevented if igg gives more fame reward in guild chest, eg max treasure lvl will definitely give >100 fame guild chest. In that case, guild hoppers might lose more fame coz joining new guild will have a 24hr cd to contribute to guild chest, and they will stop doing it.

Signature
Posted on 7/31/17 2:39:38 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think a good fix for Guild Hopping, when you actually hop you get less Fames regardless of how high your GW points is.

Also even having a high points, will not be credential to the new Guild (where you hopped).

And most of all balance the Pairing System properly.

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
Posted on 7/31/17 3:29:49 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Improving the guild chest, and rewarding guild loyalty is something this game needs, regardless of GW hopping.

Even before hopping was a thing, guild turnover has always been a problem.  Course, it wouldn't fix the GW scoring system though.  That's an entirely different beast though.

Signature
Posted on 7/31/17 4:18:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Should have voted Abdallah :(

Signature