Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 111598

Create Thread

[Discussion] Walla Walla: Overrated?

[Copy link] 8/927

Posted on 10/19/17 2:56:33 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

These days I am seeing WW in just about every single GW base out there.  I can understand placing him to show off the new hero, but is he actually considered good?

1) Walla doesn't have an inherent invincibility, so his durability isn't particularly better than most heroes.
2) His proc hits troops, so at least on GW defense, he is rendered nearly useless with guardians.
3) His heal is limited in targets, with no defense buff included.
4) His damage buff is worse than Druid.
5) The slowdown aspect is nice for Arena, but is that all?
6) Debuff removal is also good to have, but its it enough to propel him to the top?

To me, he seems like a good LBF/Arena hero, but a lot of heroes are good LBF/Arena heroes.  It's simply not necessary to have all of them to break 1000 points in LBF, and the Arena still has bigger problems than OP heroes dominating it.

Since rolling WW, I've not felt like I needed to drop everything and max him out.  On the other hand, I also haven't tried to beat AG yet.  Anyone here have a different opinion on WW?

iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 10/19/17 6:28:40 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think a lot of people use him for redoes healing an because he can one shot most heroes

Angel barba
Posted on 10/20/17 10:39:50 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Walla vite5 and good talent = super op on LBF.

Posted on 10/21/17 9:35:08 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Healing, Attack boost and dispelling conditions, seems legit enough to me. Not to mention he can't be silenced by Aries. Right set up, as with any new hero, beastly...

Bang.....Bang.....Bang.....Don DeMarco!!!
Posted on 11/4/17 7:16:14 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

For gw defense I see no reason to put him there. Well it makes the base a bit harder but I can 100% it anyway.
The places he’s good at are lbf and gw offense. Walla isn’t a defensive hero. He’s the new warlock.

Posted on 11/4/17 7:57:39 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

hes not overrated hes pretty good

Posted on 11/5/17 6:11:37 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I’m happy with mine. 8/8 WG. He PFD in defence, all round really.

Posted on 11/6/17 11:07:52 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I had some trouble with Wally initially in GW attacks (I'm always H2H).  Once I started dropping Guardians it was easier.  But eventually you run out of Guardians, or Anubis/Nick kills them.  And I rely upon healing to stay in the game.  Reduced healing really hurts.

My own GW defense stats seem better using Wally instead of a Corrode SK.

I'm not sure about the "one shot most heroes" claim, although I heard it said twice.  My spreadsheet says the damage of a maxed WG Wally is not that much.  Of course, I'm not factoring in max Dmg Traits and a damage boost Enchantment.

Visualize Whirled Peas
Posted on 11/6/17 4:14:36 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Seriously? WW is OP in almost all game modes... It all comes down to what talent / crest / enhancement you have for him. A good hero can be a deadbeat with crap talent.

WW pretty much rules LBF, Arena and Fortress Feud. Since I already beat insane dungeon 7-10 by the time of his release, I can't comment on how good he is in dungeons, but I suspect he *could* be useful due to the healing / buff combo.

Put Walla, Skeletica, Anubis, Demo, and Ghoulem in one team, you got a virtually unkillable team.