Castle Clash - iOS Today: 8    Total Posts: 111450

Total:#15

Create Thread

[Discussion] When ios get new update

[Copy link] 14/1937

Posted on 10/27/17 4:35:17 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I saw the game on Android got the big new update [Version 1.4.0]. So, when ios get this update?

Signature
Posted on 10/27/17 10:14:27 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Monday.

Signature
Visualize Whirled Peas
Posted on 10/27/17 4:03:17 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

yehn_kay, For future reference, it makes no sense asking this question because no one in forum can definitively answer it.  Not even the mods.  Everyone is informed of the pending update when the "Official Announcement" is posted, highlighted in "RED" and affixed to the top of all the subsections.  This announcement will contain all the pertinent information.  Date, Time, New Content & patch notes.  Look for it as that is the only accurate response to your question.

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 10/27/17 4:07:03 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Buuuut, we can guess!

Typically the iOS update comes anywhere between 1-2 weeks after Android.  With that said, I'd say it's right around the corner.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 10/29/17 3:00:37 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

the issue for me is that we don't really get much notice. maybe 1 hour

Signature
Posted on 10/29/17 9:33:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Many know this but I'm sure many don't... Igg submits the code for the update to google, and apple at roughly the same time... However Apple is very rigerous about examining very closely the code to make sure they do not inadvertently allow security breaches, either done intentionally or unintentionally by the game/app program,we... Android being a more open source platform, does not require this same scrutiny..  Apple funnels all code thru the App Store, does not allow u to use anything else on. Non jailbreaked system.... Android being open you can get your apps from Google, or any www.androidgames.com you want.... So the time we IOS wait for the update entirely depends upon how quickly Apple verifys all the code, which depends on staff, holidays, how many on their list that week, etc.... So there literally is no one who can tell us when it will come out... Except a few hours after it has been verified... I believe a few times in the past IGG had to correct some things and resubmit, which took even longer...
This is my understanding of the process if anyone has a better one or sees something wrong please correct.. :)

Signature
Posted on 10/29/17 10:32:08 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Igg needs to shut down and reboot the server, they won't do this without planning in advance

Signature
Posted on 10/30/17 3:24:36 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Given the “issues” with the last update i am sure IGG is taking its time with this one.

Signature
Posted on 10/30/17 4:36:32 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Probably between tuesday and wednesday... hopefully...

Signature
-Slimyeezus
Posted on 10/31/17 5:00:07 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

This is just a convenient make-up excuse.

The fact is that a competing game can push out updates for all platforms at the exact same time.

XAtomotAx:
"So the time we IOS wait for the update entirely depends upon how quickly Apple verifys all the code, which depends on staff, holidays, how many on their list that week, etc.... So there literally is no one who can tell us when it will come out... Except a few hours after it has been verified."

Signature