Castle Clash - iOS Today: 12    Total Posts: 111094

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Discussion] Modify Gw scoring system

[Copy link] 8/475

Posted on 11/27/17 9:48:03 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Well, it's been a few gw since the new gw scoring system change. I'm not sure what the purpose of the new gw scoring change but it seems to have resulted in less fame for 99% of players and turned many off to the game. Many are quitting as the only reason they still play this game is gw and seeing their gw scores cut dramatically is a turn off to many. I'm posting this to encourage discussion and am hopeful that igg will listen to this and make the necessary modifications. Many players are not pleased with scoring less in gw, and if anything they should have given higher might players a bonus for gw instead of penalizing lower might players. This new scoring system has not changed guild hopping so a simple solution such as allowing a guild to add 10 new members a day would fix that instantly. Welcome feedback and discussion from the iOS community.

Signature
Posted on 11/28/17 3:58:39 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Push might if you got a Problem with that lol

Signature
Posted on 11/28/17 2:57:56 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I agree that dropping the fame rewards for players was a poor move.  However, giving the higher mights even more fame would probably be equally detrimental.

At the end of the day, IGG simply wants people to want to raise might, and pulling in more fame is supposed to be another carrot for us to chase.

I typically approve of any updates that encourage people to push might, even artificially, as it's meant to be the singular numerical attribute for overall account strength.

As for the hopping, I think IGG really needs to address the issue.  Guild hopping is done to avoid competition, so they would need to make some kind of guild leaving change.  Like making new additions to a guild ineligible for GW that week, etc.

Signature
Posted on 11/28/17 10:30:57 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I agree that IGG would have done better for the majority of players if they stopped guild hopping.  A stand down period for new players before they could participate in guild wars would do it. Or a stand down period if you try to change guilds more than once a week or something along those lines.
There was briefly a hope they’d stop hopping with the update but they would prefer to mess over the guilds they face then take the occasional horror of not getting first every guild war.

Signature
Posted on 11/28/17 11:16:40 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Regardless of how high your Might is, scoring should be fair for all those that participate.

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
• Guild: ShadeStalkers
Posted on 11/29/17 12:09:35 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

totally agree with you, there are so many dead guilds right now where most of their members no longer participate in gw

only guilds in top 50 might remain active, but hopping is common there, and its not a fair play

igg needs to encourage mid and low might players with more fame, and find a way to discourage hopping in top guilds

Signature
Posted on 11/29/17 10:36:18 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm doubting "many" are quitting due to a little loss of Fame.  But if that's what it takes to get out, more power to them.

Signature
Visualize Whirled Peas
Posted on 11/30/17 4:07:41 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

More people are quitting as the divide between the whales with fat wallets and rest of the population is becoming greater. The top few guilds do dominate guild wars as many of their members can afford to buy the newest heros and max them almost as soon as they come out.
That these people with higher mights in a guild full of other like players win GWs virtually every time is no surprise and is rightfully so. If I spent that much money I wouldn’t want someone / someguild with lower might getting a better gw score than me.
Where I see the gw scoring system works well is where all the guilds in the grouping have very similar might. This only happens as you drop down the guild might rankings. Then it actually comes down to skill of players, everyone participating, less dropped flames.  It’s never going to happen in the top 10 guilds as the top few guilds are bloated with the highest mights, and the might difference between them and the lower half of the top 10 is insurmountable.
There is no fix. You are either a player who can spend the required amount to be in the top few. Or accept your lot as getting beaten up by the whale guilds every guild wars - exacerbated by those with fragile egos that can’t take a loss and hop every guild war so face guilds much lower might than them.  Or you “retire” from that race and find a nice little guild way back in the ranks. Where you can win gws simply by being a big fish in a little pond.

Signature
SomeBeach
Posted on 12/2/17 12:38:16 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

This game is more friendly geared to free to play than at any point in its history.  Lots of great rewards currently for F2P

Signature