Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 112266

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Discussion] Quarry doesn't make sense to me

[Copy link] 6/725

Posted on 1/23/18 4:55:38 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Another new update has been released, and yet another game mode (if you can even call it that) has been implemented and is leaving me scratching my head.  Who is this for?

For starters, Quarry takes up builder slots.  So right off the bat, quarry isn't for like 90%+ of the player base.  Building and developing our base is one of the key growth elements of this game.  Slowing down base development for a small amount of resources is a bad idea, and it's an absolutely horrible idea for players who don't have the 6th hero base, or the 5 million gold storage for Evolution. 

However, the game also decided to have giant "!" marks all over your base, constantly reminding you to build a quarry, even if you shouldn't.  Since none of this is explained anywhere, it's almost like the game is trying to trick new players into building quarries, and screwing them out of progression.  I don't get it.

That aside, Quarry is probably for the very small percentage of us who maxed our base (Very small).  I know I was kind of excited as all my builders have been on vacation for awhile now.  Unfortunately, I can only build 2 Quarries, so I still have to see those annoying "!" marks, and half the Quarries are HB, a resource I have absolutely no use for (Note: No one in my might range and higher has a legitimate need for HB).  So what I really have is "!" marks all over my base all day long as I'm waiting for a small amount of shards or fame.

What do you guys think?  Has Quarry been a positive?  I like free stuff, but I keep thinking it could be implemented differently, to be less dumb.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 1/23/18 7:22:52 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Quarry, like most recent CC modes, is absolutely pointless.  It’s only real purpose, like Labyrinth, seems to be screwing you out of gems (if you’re dumb enough to gem for the “double” rewards) and not realizing you’re marginally spending more for gems that you might not have otherwise considered.

Signature
WeGamers/Line ID: AvengingAngelCC
Posted on 1/23/18 10:19:37 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Agree that Quarry does seem kinda silly considering only a few players have max buildings.

Signature
Posted on 1/23/18 10:45:22 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

The throbbing yellow exclamation points are driving me batty.  There needs to be a toggle to turn those off.

Signature
Posted on 1/23/18 10:48:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Not sure why destiny and quarry is released, both sux really bad

Signature
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man
Posted on 1/24/18 3:59:00 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

It does make sense, it’s a way for your builders to keep busy as well as earning (free) very little amount of resources, Fames, Shards, etc.

Using gems’ always optional.

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
• Guild: ShadeStalkers
Posted on 1/24/18 8:05:30 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Only thing that made me mad is that if your base is full like mine is you have to sell back something to make room for this thing. Max I am gonna do is for one and one only.

Signature
all life is precious, play nice, be nice and always smile!