Castle Clash - iOS Today: 3    Total Posts: 111634

Create Thread

[Discussion] Android prices compared to Apple prices for ingame bazaar packs in the UK

[Copy link] 4/294

Posted on 2/16/18 6:26:35 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

On Android bazaar packs and gems are advertised in USD and purchased in GBP at a reasonable rate of exchange; for example 3000 gems are advertised at USD 19.99 and when purchased actually cost me GBP 12.99 which is about 1.5 USD to GBP.

On my IPad USD 19.99 costs me GBP 19.99......why?

Castle Clash support say it is an Apple issue and Apple replied to some of my “evidence” emails but have now taken to ignoring me after this was escalated to a supervisor.

Is it only me or should people fundamentally not play castle clash on Apple products?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on 2/16/18 10:59:05 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

This has been an ongoing issue, however the prices charged by IGG are consistent from platform to platform and are based on the USD conversion.  Members have stated that the additional surcharge on UK purchases is affiliated with Apple.  Having said that it is neither a bug or suggestion.

Follow IGG    Follow CC
Posted on 2/16/18 7:55:49 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think it should be looked at from the other direction.

I use Apple products.  I like Apple products.  I play app games on my Apple products.

I do not like Android products.  Android products give me diarrhea.

If I want to play CC, I play it on my Apple products.  Maybe Android might be the better CC platform, but I'm not about to buy an Android product and spend 18 hours a day on the toilet just to play CC.

Soooo... if you like CC, and you like Apple.  Well, there really isn't much of a choice.  We just do our best to enjoy what we have.

iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 2/22/18 8:18:39 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

To be honest I may as well buy the best Android tablet going and forget Apple, the money saved doing this because of their inflated, thieving, probably illegal “additional” charges would be recouped very quickly.

Their support is shockingly bad. Purchases error out and a shambles all round.

Posted on 3/20/18 2:20:26 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I feel IGG have had a decent solution to this. Before the price hike we had BIG gem sales at +35%, the usual bonus was 20% - 25%. After the stupid increase IGG countered by upping the gem bonus. Over Xmas last year we were getting 85% bonuses into the year. Casual bonuses are around 50% - 55%, and regular bonuses of 75% come each week. That’s a HUGE increase from years ago, and a great tactic to keep people playing.
We also have the bazaar now with varying levels of packs, along with chests, plants to grow, bingo, bingo unlimited and events, along with Thunder gods hammer and the shrine. I feel we get many different prizes and rewards back for our money now at better (much better) %’s on Gems on Apple than we ever did, and this goes a long way to putting in the cash to buy gems in the first place. If they hadn’t done what they did and added more game modes and heroes, and skins, prizes, I wouldn’t be playing still.

"So why did you make a thread with no preface just random facts?"
- Anerdy "Drunk"