Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 111686

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Discussion] Arid Ruins: The good, the bad, the ugly

[Copy link] 6/412

Posted on 3/21/18 4:42:58 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

So, Arid Ruins is here, and it's a ruin alright.

So like Labyrinth, I feel Arid Ruins doesn't really cater to very many people.  It certainly doesn't cater to me:

1) Poor rewards.  Over half the time I get HB or Soul Stones.  Both of which I have absolutely zero use for.

2) Buggy gameplay.  Way too often, the Arid Ruins just freezes and I have to quit.

3) It's too long.  Running it 5 times a day for garbage hasn't really sat well with me.

4) Way too random.  From the enemies to the rewards, it might as well just be dice rolls to me.

5) There's no progression.  No leaderboard.  No levels.  Nothing.  It's just a random event in a vacuum with a small chance of shards.

So in the end, I do not like it, but I'll continue to do it cuz the occasion slime and karma stone for free make it worth it I guess.  What do you all think?  Maybe I'm just not seeing it right.

Note: I do not run AR with randoms.  I do it with my Lava group, and so far none of us really care for it.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 3/22/18 12:20:51 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

For whatever reason, I feel pretty certain IGG will fix the bugs.  And I'll play any game mode that doesn't take too long and gives me a chance for slimes and merits.  IGG finally seems to be dolling out more soulstones these days, so I have hope I can actually get enough to a non-PD hero sometime in 2018.

My complaint is the random hero selection.  My Greens are mixed with my Legends, and it's a pain to sacrifice the Greens every time in round 1.

Signature
Visualize Whirled Peas
Posted on 3/23/18 7:07:34 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

@Hanyabull I agree with you totally and it does not interest me enuf to do the runs on a regular basis.

Takes too long to complete, don't understand why they have not put in the 4x speed animation, rewards sucks for the time and effort required.

To improve,
- add the 4x speed animation,
- increase the rewards e.g if soulstones then include those for the new heros otherwise remove soulstones and put in red crystals, more karmic rocks and such.
- Let the crest, pets and artifacts be assigned like in the defending team of arena i.e. once set, it stays so long as the heros selected are not removed from the line up.
- let us select the heros to drop and its sequence
- fix the bugs eg hangs for no reason
- allow the selection of a team member from friends list even if they are not logged on just like in LR. This removes the time and effort needed to coordinate with each other.
- from dungeons 2 onwards, the heros attack is way too random, it would be better if we are able to drop the heros for every dungeon level. Let the player play not your AI.

I wouldn't be interested in AR in its present design.

Signature
My favorite game --> Castle Clash......
Posted on 3/24/18 2:51:45 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Said it from first day... 4x button please!

Signature
OF24.com
Posted on 3/26/18 3:43:01 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

So a bit of an update with Arid Ruins (at least from my point of view).

I've since been running 6 greens with 4 legends, and basically haven't the best possible team my partner and I could muster right out the gate, and it's been working well.  (Thanks Bdelley!)

First off, I don't switch any more crests/artifacts.  Second off, I don't have those situations where we don't have GH out and get smoked in Round 4/5.  Thirdly, we now clear round 5 (even the massive Skeletica version) more than we lose it.

I'm not sure if we are losing anything doing it this way, but it certainly has sped things up for us tremendously.

I still don't particularly care for Arid Ruins, but at least we are beating it more than not.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 3/29/18 2:57:56 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Run the first 5 runs and that’s it for me..... after that book rewards are no use for me

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
• Guild: ShadeStalkers
Posted on 4/7/18 5:08:27 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't do AR or SS, and barely do Lab. 

The rewards aren't worthwhile.

Signature