Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 111082

Total:#10

Create Thread

[Discussion] Terrible matching system

[Copy link] 9/1245

Posted on 10/28/13 3:29:24 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

So, it looks like Might is what is used to match combatants up in this game. You gain Might both from bolstering your offense and from bolstering you defense. In practice, this is a TERRIBLE matching system. Someone who focuses entirely on offense will get matched with someone literally at half their progression who has gone for a balance of offense and defense.

And, of course, there is no advantage to defending in this game... no rewards, no HB even! What's the point of making a defensible base in this game? If defense is completely useless and it's all about setting up massive offensive charges, then couldn't you at least tell us before we make fundamental mistakes in the first day of play that are nigh impossible to recover from?

Is it just me or is there something fundamentally wrong with this game's setup?

Signature
Posted on 10/28/13 4:06:14 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

yeah almost everyone agrees. There is a chance they will add defense rewards. Not sure yet they haven't said anything. They need to though!

Signature
Posted on 10/28/13 4:35:03 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Defense rewards don't really address the matchmaking problem, though. They need to match defensive power with offensive power (and possibly make walls relevant in a game full of griffons and fairy dragons[1]).

[1] Proposal: attacking units that fire over walls at defending ground-based structures or units will do reduced damage to those structures. This will not apply to ornithopters... should it apply to heroes?

Signature
Posted on 10/28/13 10:32:58 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

It's not just me? yes! my might is to high for my town hall it seems I can't even scratch these people I'm matched up against yeah they have no walls etc but there heroes and troops just crush me :'(

Signature
Posted on 10/29/13 4:30:06 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Yeah, I love having my level 40 and below heroes getting matched to level 50+ heroes and swarms of griffins. Awesome balance guys.

Signature
Posted on 10/29/13 9:09:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Turns out I was wrong about the matching problem. I'm not being overmatched by people with similar might, but better builds. I'm just getting matched with people way more powerful than I am.

Check this out (you can see my Might in the upper left corner):

Signature
Posted on 10/31/13 3:23:46 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Defences are good you know, if you get attacked and your trying to upgrade something and you just about have enough resources to upgrade it, you have to exit out of the game for awhile and when you get back on the game, someone has already attacked you and has taken like, 200,000 gold so now you can't upgrade your building, but with defences, they can protect your resources, so when someone attacks you, there's a 66% chance they wouldn't have even TOUCHED your recources

Signature
Posted on 10/31/13 7:22:41 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Defenses? I don't know if you've noticed, but offense has a mind-boggling advantage in this game. It's not like Clash of clans where your towers have double the range of troops (at least not until you get them to, like, level 10 or so). Beside that, if you focus on offense, your heroes basically handle base defense with aplomb. You end up watching people try and attack your base with heroes 10-15 levels below your own. If you focus on defense, the people with heroes 10-15 levels you are the ones who are messing up your base... have you ever had your base completely flattened by five unsupported heroes? Although I'm sure part of this has to do with the fact that druids are completely out of whack balancewise...

Signature
Posted on 11/1/13 5:20:30 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Just make a new account, start 100% fresh

Powerlevel your town hall to level 6 to get the hero bases,
Gamble your first HB/gems for heroes
Up your gold vaults a bit, so you can level past the 40's & 60's.

Don't build walls, gold mines, mana mill's, towers or mana vault (not needed till ur like leveling 100+)
Don't build a relic hall unless you need it (for restoration..) << KEEP IN MIND YOU GET ALOT OF MIGHT IF YOU LEVEL YOUR RELIC HALL & SPELLS!!!

Make 2 accounts, test this setup on one account, build a arena on the other so it gathers HB already(50hb/h). Once you're satisfied, begin with the other and dominate your fellow rivals ^^

Enjoy the game, when you're raging you don't enjoy it. keep that in mind. ENTERTAINMENT only

Signature
Posted on 11/2/13 6:35:54 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I keep finding griffins wirh th 4...

Signature