Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 1186

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Guides] Destroyer and Flame Guard. Do they stack?

[Copy link] 7/1625

#1
Posted on 12/6/15 10:19:45 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Here's some math behind it. Keep in mind I am not calculating hero base since all testing was done with a defending destroyer.

So I had my destroyer vs a guildies evo Orc.

Without a FG, and several runs, the min deflect dmg (active skill) was 3,145 and the max deflect dmg was 3,422 giving a ∆ of 197 and an AVG of 3,324.

if I take the 3,324 avg deflected dmg with a 7/10 skill (40% dmg deflection) and calculate the actual dmg, it’s 8,160 avg total dmg. If I was to add a 3/5 FG (14% dmg deflection), my calculated dmg deflection should be 48.4% which equates to 3,949 dmg deflected.

So with the FG as a crest and several runs, the min deflect was 3,200 and max deflect was 3,437 giving a ∆ of 237 and an AVG 3,299. If this was theoretically 48.4% dmg deflection, the avg total dmg would be 6,817.

This is a -∆1,343 from the runs with a non FG destroyer. Now on the runs where FG was a crest and the proc was NOT active, the avg dmg deflection was 1,158 with a ∆ of 212 between max and min. Since FG was a 14% dmg deflection, that would give an avg total dmg of 8,271 which is about a 1-2% difference between both tests.

So, in a nutshell, Flame Guard does NOT stack with Devastation. When the skill is NOT active, FG will work.

Signature
I am a climbing bubble...
I have a climbing bubble...
My bubble beats your bubble…
Hear it burst… *boom*
I lost my bubble :(
#2
Posted on 12/6/15 10:27:16 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thanks Nana, this is a very informative post.  Its good to see the math to back up the mechanics.

Signature
#3
Posted on 12/7/15 4:59:09 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Moving thread to the guide section.

Signature
#4
Posted on 12/7/15 12:33:21 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thank you Nana, this is quite informative.

Signature
Wesvaroth of 7Seas on iOS
#5
Posted on 12/14/15 4:37:14 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Awesome information nana

Signature
#6
Posted on 12/14/15 5:26:15 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Does bladeshell stack with flameguard or just cancel it out? For instance, when Destroyer proc's there's 5 seconds of FG, so if Destroyer has an 8/8 blade shell (30% chance of triggering), would the deflected damage simply be 100% or 100% + the leveled up FG amount.  Anyone know?

Signature
Join the Bayou Guild
#7
Posted on 12/14/15 5:57:10 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Cool analysis, thanks!

Bit of a bummer of a result. Like the last guy (gal) asked, wonder whether it stacks with other deflect talents/skills - for example in combination with WL's proc.

Also, if they do "stack" wonder whether it's additive like you assumed (40% + 14%) or if there's another way to calculate. For example, atk spd buffs don't simply add together.

Signature
#8
Posted on 12/16/15 12:24:17 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

So I ran some preliminary runs with a 1/5 BS (5% chance) crest on my revit destroyer and while I did see a few deflections when the skill wasn't active I never saw any spikes when the skill was active. They were all within a consistent range. I'll run some more runs with other heroes and see if the results are the same. But based on 15 prelim runs, BS doesn't stack, but I could have just been that unlucky. Though considering that the types are somewhat similar (both deflect dmg taken), I'm going to assume they don't stack.

The 48.4% came from: 40 + ((100 - 40)*.14) = 48.4% The reason being that destroyers proc is separate from the skill. So you apply the 40% dmg deflect from the skill, leaving you 60% left over. From that 60% you apply the 14% FG.

For example: An enemy hero outputs 1000 dmg. Destroyers 7/10 skill will deflect 40% (400) leaving you with 600 remainder. From that 600, you apply the 14% (84). 400+84 = 484 which is 48.4%.

Signature
I am a climbing bubble...
I have a climbing bubble...
My bubble beats your bubble…
Hear it burst… *boom*
I lost my bubble :(