Castle Clash - iOS Today: 1    Total Posts: 1147

Total:#1

Create Thread

[Guides] Leafs' Insane Dungeon 3 Guide

[Copy link] 0/1008

Posted on 1/6/16 8:58:04 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

THIS IS A MINOTAUR FREE GUIDE!

Dungeon 3! This journey through both dungeon 3 and 4 took nearly an entire week of complete devotion to the game. That means logging in every 20 minutes to run a dungeon (outside of work/school of course). Training copters and having the patience for them to finish. Using dungeon cards and gem refreshing single hero deaths when you mess up on the freeze or drop a hero accidentally. Please do not expect to clear any dungeon on your first try and please do not run a dungeon 10 times then come here and complain. I have spent days running single dungeons. That means 30-40+ runs of failure before success. Before I begin these guides I would like to address a few things.

If You're Not Here Yet: Complete Insane Dungeon Two Guide!

First off, I have tanked EVERY dungeon in the Insane series with a PD (except 1-9 and 2-7). I believe that PD is THE BEST tank there is in the game. However, I have seen people tank with Destroyer and Vlad and have great success with that. Please don’t just blindly follow anything I say. Figure out what works best for you. I highly recommend dropping PD first if you are using this guide though since I usually leave enemies unfrozen to build up PD’s energy. Arrow towers do add energy btw.

Second, the heroes I choose vary from dungeon to dungeon, but you will notice that I have dropped Vlad entirely (except for 4-7) and have instead replaced him with a TG. All heroes that I use do not take away from PD stacking. With only a 3 Berserk PD, this was crucial for me. There was no way I could achieve 3+ PD stacks with a Vlad before GA expires.

Third, the way I dropped heroes is almost always as far away from PD as possible to give him time to at least get one proc off before other heroes. Find what works best for you and use that. In the “Strategy” I provide, I will simply state “drop heroes.”

Fourth, my strategies are NOT perfect, but I am living proof that they work. If you have a better strategy, please post it below and I may test it if it looks promising. I have spent a lot of time looking for the best place to drop PD to maximize stacks though, so I can ensure that my drops are decently okay.

Lastly, before I begin, I would like to thank everyone in this community for their contribution to dungeon strategies as well as the multitude of success stories that have motivated me. Most notably Mubashirbaig2 and raitospk. Mubashirbaig2 was one to make it without the need of a SB and was the one to actually convince me to start my push. raitospk also for his constant PMs of success that made me jealous lol. And of course I would like to thank my guild for their support throughout my frustrations and irrational rants. 

So, with all that out of the way let’s begin! Are you ready for the most mentally grueling grind of your CC career?

Heroes

Hero
Evolved Stage
Level
Skill Level
Talent
Inscription Level
Crest Set
Pumpkin Duke
9/10
3/8 Berserk
3/5 Revitalize
Cupid
9/10
4/5 Revitalize
3/5 Revive
Druid
9/10
5/8 Stone Skin
3/5 Berserk
Spirit Mage
N/A
7/10
3/5 Enlighten
3/5 War God
Thunder God
N/A
5/10
4/5 Condemnation
2/5 War God
Santa Boom
N/A
7/10
4/8 Revive
3/5 War God
Warlock
N/A
4/10
3/5 Enlighten
4/5 Flame Guard

[size={defaultattr}]

Yes, I did roll a SB after completing 2-10. The main 5 I rolled with were PD, Cupid, SM, SB, and Druid. I used WL very rarely, but he was needed to pass 3-6. TG made it onto my main team but was not until 4-6 that I decided to upgrade my TG further.

Insane 3-1
This dungeon was very easy. Just drop and let your heroes go crazy. I 3 flamed this on my first try.

Strategy: GA + Frenzy and SS. Drop heroes then Fervor. Drop Copters on the top-left or bottom-left as you see fit. I actually used Mecha-Men for this since this was when the troop glitch was still around and I didn’t want to wait for Copters.

Though I used Meteor a lot during dungeons 1 and 2, I realized that Fervor works a lot better if you can get more stacks. I made this change once I took out Vlad. I do still use Meteor occasionally when theres just not a good way to gain that many PD stacks.

Insane 3-2
Only 4 magic towers so shouldn’t be an issue at all.

Strategy: GA + Frenzy and SS, leave the TG unfrozen. Drop heroes then Fervor. Drop Copters near the top-left magic tower asap.

How do I pick what side I come from you may ask. Well in symmetrical dungeons like this, I look for heroes that can build PD energy without being detrimental to my other heroes. Dropping near a Molt, SB, Aries, Mino is NOT a good idea. TG and Reaper are pretty harmless.

Insane 3-3
Once again a very symmetrical base. An issue with this though is that it is quite compact so heroes may run into magic tower range too quickly. You gotta be prompt with your Copters for dungeons like this.

Strategy: Meteor slightly to the right of the center. GA + Frenzy and SS. Drop heroes. Drop copters on the bottom asap.

The enemy Ork should be able to give your PD some energy, but the Molt was just a problem to deal with so I ended up using Meteor for this dungeon. Keep in mind that the enemy DK can be annoying cuz with his AoE he’ll take out all you Copters.

Insane 3-4
Only 4 magic towers again like 3-2, however theres a lot more heroes here. Gotta ensure your heroes are buffed up enough.

Strategy: GA + Frenzy and SS, leave as many heroes unfrozen as possible, do try to catch the Molt though. Drop heroes then Fervor. Drop Copters on the magic tower to the right.

Once again, just like 3-2, the heroes I choose to build up energy with are 2 SZ. Absolutely harmless as long as you kill them before GA expires.

Insane 3-5
Ya.. That’s a whole lot of Arrow towers. If your Pd is evolved though he should be able to survive at least one shot from each of those.

Strategy: Meteor the center. GA + Frenzy. Drop heroes once AC is as far away as possible. Drop Copters to the left of the heroes to distract the magic tower on top. SS once your heroes are almost in range of the magic towers in the center.

You should be able to hold your SS for quite a while especially if you’re using a SB and TG and they take out the magic towers before your heroes are even close to them. If your PD can’t actually survive all those arrows, please refer back to my guide for Insane1-9 and use that same strat. Using a hero with revive can work as well, however thats just a wasted crest set imo. I don;t quite remember why I chose to use Meteor for this instead of Fervor, but it worked and somehow I remember it very clearly. I think using Fervor would be just as effective.

Insane 3-6
This was the only real challenging dungeon for me in this set. I believe if you make it past this you will be able to make it to 4-10.

Strategy: Frenzy and SS. Drop heroes and Fervor. Drop Copters asap. GA at the last possible moment; don’t GA too late though and make sure you catch PD!

Theres not much strategy to this dungeon. Just drop and hope for the best. The range for the unfrozen magic tower reaches to just behind the wall though, so the moment your PD breaches the wall he will become a target. Drop Copters quickly! This was the dungeon to make TG a permanent part of my team. 2 procs from him and the TH is down. A third proc and all the hero bases in the bottom quadrant are gone, giving me the last 6% I needed. Using a WL surprisingly really helped in this dungeon. I started seeing better results after using him. Remember you just need that one lucky run and WL might just be able to provide that.

Insane 3-7
You’re in the clear for this dungeon set!… or at least that’s how it was for me. Many of my guild mates had issues clearing 3-8 and 3-9 when I cleared them on my first try. Please let me know if I just got super lucky. 

Strategy: GA + Frenzy and SS. Drop heroes and Fervor. Drop Copters near the bottom.

Though quite intimidating at first glance, I surprisingly 3 flamed it on my first try. The enemy Druid has my Pd go crazy and I guess my SB just procced on all the right places. Should be an easy 2 flame at least though. This was a nice breather after 3-6.

Insane 3-8
This and 3-9 I cleared on my first try as well.

Strategy: GA + Frenzy and SS, leave the SM unfrozen. Drop Heroes and Fervor. Drop Copters on the bottom-left.

Do you see the enemy heroes in the bottom quadrant? They’re literally harmless. With SM, Pally, and Druid hitting your PD this dungeon should be easy. When you freeze, freeze as far right as possible to ensure this.

Insane 3-9
I surprised myself when I cleared this my first try considering Mubashirbaig2 actually contacted me asking for help on this.

Strategy: GA + Frenzy and SS. Drop heroes and Fervor. Drop Copters on the top-left or right depending on what way your heroes go.

The enemy TG, Ninja, and unfrozen Ork should get your PD going. Just like 3-5 there are a ton of arrow towers, and even with 3 of them frozen, my evolved PD lived on just a very sliver of health. Once again, there are ways to counter this though so don’t freak out if your PD dies instantly.

Insane 3-10
So… you’ve made it through this set. Unfortunately, 3-10 is rather difficult to 3 flame and I honestly wouldn’t bother with it unless you’re going for 750 flames. This is why I did not release this guide until I reached 4-10. No point in writing a guide that leads to nowhere imo.

Strategy: GA + Frenzy and SS, make sure the Wl is frozen! Drop heroes and Fervor. Drop Copters asap.

This base like 3-3 is rather compact so again, you gotta be quite quick with your Copters. The enemy Ork should get you PD going. The 2 Molts in the center are quite the threat though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay now you’ve cleared dungeon 3. Hope this helps!

[size={defaultattr}]
Insane 3-1

Insane 3-2

Insane 3-3

Insane 3-4

Insane 3-5

Insane 3-6

Insane 3-7

Insane 3-8

Insane 3-9

Insane 3-10

Signature