Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 1186

Total:#28

Create Thread

[Guides] Talents and whats best.

Hot Topics [Copy link] 27/19177

Posted on 11/16/13 4:34:05 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Revitalize
This is the most favorite skill of android players.

Arena
This allows a hero to start the battle with full (5/5) energy for their special.
This is very powerful for the arena.
One of the most favorite combination is to use Thundergod (5/5) and Spirit Mage (5/5) and with their aoe and damage it will wipe out the enemy hero in a single attack.

Raid
Revitalize for raiding is almost pointless since being able to revitalize at the start makes little difference in the course of the raid.

Boss
This can be very effective in boss battle since the current tactics is to engage stun and do as much damage before he can kill a hero.

Arena: 10/10
Raid: 1/10
Boss: 10/10

Revive
Arena
This will work great for the Champion and the Thundergod.  When a hero revive they come back with what energy they had when they were killed so this gives them a chance to use their special.  I had a 5/5 champion and  SM+Druid+Champ was very effective at delaying enemy hero so my Ninja could run ahead and kill the crystal.

Raid
This is a great talent to have in raiding, being able to come back from the dead will give the druid a chance to keep him alive.

Boss
This will work great for Paladin, Champion, Thundergod.
This will play a big role in boss battle.

Succubuss + Druid + Spirt Mage + Paladin (revive) + Champion (revive)

Heres how it works.
Place your 5 hero around the boss, He will target the one closest to him (make sure its the paladin/ champion)
He will kill paladin/champion and than he will move to the next closest target.  Since the druid + sm is range they will not be targeted.  The succubuss is not consider melee even tho she is close range, she will be save.
The boss will than take out the other hero that has revive. When revives the boss will go back to the orgianl target (the one that targeted at the start of the battle) at this point you should be ready to end the battle before he is killed a second time.

Arena: 7/10
Raids: 7/10
Boss: 7/10

Berserk
Arena
Great ability for arena
The faster attack means your special will come before your enemy.  Arena battle are sometime determine by the smallest or margins so this can tip the arena in your favor.

Raid
The faster attack rate for the Druid is very important because he not only does more attack but also heal your heros more often. This is the best ability for the druid.

Boss
Since battle with boss ends after a few seconds having berserk makes little difference.

Arena: 10/10
Raids: 10/10
Boss: 5/10

Deadly Strike
Arena
its 10% chance to do 7x damage.  This can be very effective in the arena for hero like ninja/assassin.  Its a great ability for all hero in the arena.

Raid
This is a ok ability for raiding and can one hit kill most units and building.  But since units don't take more than 1 hits to kill by hero anyways.  doing 7x more damage won't make it any faster.

Boss
Since the idea is to inflict as much damage as possible in a short amount of time.  This can be quite useful when it goes off.

Arena: 7/10
Raid: 4/10
Boss: 7/10

Self Destruct
Arena
This is my favorite ability for the Ninja, those that fight against me in the arena can atest to how effective a 5/5 self destruct on a ninja can be.

Raid
This works great for melee hero only, since they run right up to units and building to infliect max damage.  The radius of a self destruct isn't very large but those that are close will not survive a level 100 ninja self destruct.

Boss
Since the idea of a boss battle is to keep doing damage with out dying, this talent goes against that idea.

Arena: 9/10 (for the right hero) 3/10 (wrong hero)
Raid: 7/10
Boss: 1/10

War God

Arena
Extra damage.  This talent is apply before special.  So druid will do more healing and ninja will do more damage.

Raid
Having extra damage doesn't seem to make that big a deal in raiding since its more about the number of attack not how much each attack does.

Boss
The added damage means over the course of 10 battle with the boss a 5/5 hero will do as much damage as 13 battles.
This isn't bad but there are better talents for boss battle.

Arena: 5/10
Raid:3/10
Boss: 6/10

Enfeeble

Arena
This is a great ability for arena.  Enfeeble hero in empty lane can really shine.  There is a player that has enfeeble on his hero and he now beat other players with weaker hero.

Raid
Running faster means your more likly to agro the enemy hero/units/tower.  Not a great ability to have for non-tank heroes.

Boss
Pointless since there is only one unit and no one is really running.

Arena: 9/10
Boss: 1/10

Tenacity
Arena
The extra HP will not only increase the health of your hero but also the health of the crystal.  This makes them great for high HP hero like the paladin and werewolf

Raid
Hero live longer

Boss
Not a bad talent to have, but since the boss does so much damage in the first place having extra 25% wouldn't do much for hero that don't have alot of hp.

Boss: 5/10 (right hero) 1/10 (wrong hero)

Flame Guard
Arena
Reflect % damage back to target. This not only reduce the damage he takes but also does some of it back to the enemy.
Its better than stone skin but still not a great talent.

Raid
This is better than stoneskil or tenacity for heros.  Since it deflect damage it also means they take less damage.  You'll notice that with a druid behind healing a hero with Flame Guard can live alot longer than a hero that doesn't.

Boss
Same thing as tenacity.  The high damage won't mean much to a level 180 hero that take 2 hit to KO most hero.

Arena: 4/10
Raid: 6/10

Heavy Blow
Arena
I would rather have deadly strike since that work on the crystal.  This talent will only work on enemy hero and 10% is really low, since most arena battle doesn't last that long to being with.  You could fight 3 arena battle and not have this talent pop up once.

Raid
Worthless in raids, what you doing to do stun a griffin? no wait he died in one hit so yah.

Boss
Stunning the boss is going to allow for damage to him, This can be very benefitial to have if all you want to do is boss battle.

Arena: 3/10

Stone Skin
Arena
Lesser copy of Flame shield, With this you don't deflect damage back at enemy.

Raid

Boss

Boss: 4/10

Blade Shell

Arena
10% chance to deflect 100% damage back to enemy.  Simply put the odds of it triggering is too low and the return is too small.  Arena battle is determine by specials not exchanging blows, I've never seen this trigger when enemy hero uses special so I'm not sure if it even works.

Raid
Deflecting the damage of an archers damage back at her is a drop in the bucket.

Boss
This could work out when it works against the boss, but really 10% damage I would rather have something else.

Arena: 2/10
Raid: 2/10

Scorch
Arena
Lesser copy of blade shell.  Just this doesn't deflect damage.

Raid

Boss

Arena: 1/10
Boss: 2/10

Slow Down

Arena
Would rather have any other talent I can refresh for.

Raid

Boss

Boss: 2/10

Scatter

Arena
Let me know when you see an enemy that has scatter as their talent in the arena.

Raid
Only works on hero as units don't have special

Boss
I can see this being useful to keep a boss from using their special.  maybe this will be important for later bosses but for now. I'll hit that refresh button.

Signature
Posted on 11/17/13 5:03:58 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Wow nice1 ! Thanks for contributing

Signature
Posted on 11/17/13 7:47:00 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Haven't got enough time to go through it all yet. But so far its a great read.
Thanks for this man.

Signature
Posted on 11/17/13 5:11:08 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thank you sir

Signature
Posted on 11/17/13 8:59:07 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Very good stuff here! I'll make a few comments :p first of all slow down is a lot better than you make it out to be. Every 25% chance hit gives you an extra proc of 100% damage. That means that even if you are attacking the shrine or a building it can proc for a lot of extra damage, I often have it proc 2 or 3 times in a row if I'm lucky which does an extra 300% damage in that time. It isn't great but it is much better than nothing. The biggest downside is if it is on druid because there is a bug and every time druid uses the random slowdown proc he doesn't gain energy for his healing from the hit. This is very noticeable when he attacks a camp of griffins or centaurs because it takes him 1.5 times as long to fill up his energy bar often which can result in death, if it weren't for this bug then slowdown would actually be an okay talent. it also helps me in boss battles to get a little extra damage and time because when druid hits him with it the boss runs so slowly that druid can attack twice before he gets to druid and then I can quit.
Heavy blow has the same effect. The 1/10 isn't good odds but people have said it is wonderful for the boss battles because when it does proc it allows for a lot of damage to be added.
revive has definitely proven to be one of the top two most useful boss talents I have seen, not sure if others would agree.
enfeeble is good for raid only if it is because you are using one hero like druid to single a base because he will move fast enough that he can single it. not super useful though still and it is useless at higher might because druid can only single bases at lower might.
I agree about scatter! it seems like it could be useful against a boss but it really just seems useless still, never seen it do much at all.
great guide! Can't wait for boss battles :)

Signature
Posted on 11/29/13 5:28:14 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

really nice and in-depth guide. gj man :)

Signature
Posted on 11/30/13 12:13:24 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Banned  

Signature
Posted on 11/30/13 12:44:26 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Banned  

Signature
Posted on 11/30/13 7:49:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Banned  

Signature
Posted on 12/1/13 1:59:06 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Banned