Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 1187

Total:#32

Create Thread

[Guides] Base design 101

Hot Topics Close [Copy link] 31/10374

Posted on 11/26/13 9:36:17 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by intimidatingjay at 2-17-2014 08:50 AM

#5 Love Song -  [size=12.222222328186035px]http://us.forum.igg.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=59

Base Designs

When I tried to make a raiding guide, I find myself with too much info and too many examples.

So I decided to do something else.

I’ll cover the basic of raiding and effective base design.  Because if you can identify how your defense works for you base you see how flaw some of the other players design are.

Base Type

Compact Base – The base keep spacing between to a minimum.

Boarder Base – The base is layout against the boarder of the map

Fragmented base – Base is cut up into section and place away from each other.

Prolong base – Base its slim and long.

Perforated base – Base has a spawn area inside

Wall Designs

Compartments – base is separated into compartments by walls

Single Wall – Base does not have compartments but instead surrounded by thick walls

No wall – Base doesn’t use wall

Reduce Spawn Area – Base uses walls to reduce the amount of spawn able area around the base.

Linear divide – Base uses a single line of wall to separate parts of its base, does not create a compartment.

Trap placements

Single area – Places all traps in a single area to inflict maximum damage in the shortest amount of time

Distributed placement – Places traps all over the base to inflict damage slowly

Some bases take aspect from each wall design and base type.

To be an effective raider means

• [backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]On average you recover the cost in gold and mana from troops and spells
  • [backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Hero lost is 0 (or you have replacement heroes to replace hero that die from raids)
  • [backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]You can raid with just heroes if needed
  • [backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]Your hero and troop deployment isn’t random, there is logic to it
  • [backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]You don’t just dump your army at a corner and hope for the best

Here is how this thread will work.

You post a picture of your base

Included the follow information

Hero base level:

Tower Level:

Defending Hero level:

Signature
Posted on 11/26/13 9:37:26 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

[backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]I'll use my own base as an example to get things started

Hero base levels: 13/13/13/13/12
Tower Levels: 8/8/8/7/7
Hero levels: 100-112

I have a Fragmented & Boarder base.
53% of my base is on the north side of the map
47% on the south corner

The reason the base is divided is to give anyone the ability to give me a 5hr shield.
Even players with level 15 hero can give me a 5 hour shield and so in that aspect high level players don't raid me very often.

The space around the south side of the map uses walls to reduce the spawn area, in such a way that any troops place north of the center will always head towards the north side of the map.

The north side uses linear divides in such a way so that troops will all funnel down into the center towards the mine field.

THAT'S right! I have 8/8 hero mines and 8/8 land mines right at the center.
It is an awesome replay when enemy wants to attack the south side.  Since most player will start on the north to get the easy resources.  When they starts to funnel down their hero and troops will be group together by the linear walls and since they are so close together they almost always lose 30-90% of their troops and 1-4 heroes before they even engage my guardians.

Some of you are thinking, if I attack from the south boarder than I won't hit the mine field.

That is true, But attacking from the boarder will agro 2-3 towers, 3-5 heroes and an army camp.
Your hero will be dead before you have time to drop a spell.
And when you deploy from the boarder they will often attack the closet thing first, and it'll be the tower/walls/guardians.

Now not saying my base is undefeatable, but what I accomplish is to make it so costly that assaulting my base would not be a good idea.

If you wish to attack my base here is the best method
1.    Send TG or SM north by themselves to build up energy and proc.  Hopefully you get some good ones landed on the south side of the map.
a.    SM proc would have a hard time landing on hero because there are 168 guardians (odds are 5/173)
2.    Want to drop hero at the boarder away from the hero base to only agro the 1 tower and 1 army camp.  Drop GA if needed...
3.    Drop some troops to cut down the two camp worth of guardians.
4.    You want to drop 80+ guardians by the heroes so they don't agro on your heros.
a.    Option: Drop snowstorm to freeze hero and two tower
b.    Or do both
5.    Drop frenzy to speed up destruction before decoy (80 guardians) die or snowstorm wears off.
6.    Hopefully you time this right so the TG and/or SM can be healed after the mine field without dying.

Signature
Posted on 11/30/13 8:29:49 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Banned  

Signature
Posted on 11/30/13 8:31:30 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Banned  

Signature
Posted on 11/30/13 8:32:54 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Banned  

Signature
Posted on 11/30/13 9:20:40 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Koongli48 replied at 11-30-2013 08:32 PM
Btw why is your max. storage only 126K gold?

you should check the digits theres 4 zero after 126.

Signature
Posted on 12/14/13 4:03:35 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'll just use my griffins to attack u cuz guardians only attack on ground

Signature
Posted on 12/14/13 5:28:38 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

It would be good to mention that when consuming heroes, each hero gives 100 hero exp, but if you consume a hero with the same hero, you can get 400 exp.

Signature
Posted on 12/14/13 5:28:58 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

It would be good to mention that when consuming heroes, each hero gives 100 hero exp, but if you consume a hero with the same hero, you can get 400 exp.

Signature
Posted on 12/19/13 7:03:53 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

لببب

Signature