Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 6714

Total:#22

Create Thread

[News] CC Forum(s) Are Searching For New Moderators

Hot Topics Close [Copy link] 21/3978

Posted on 9/5/16 12:21:18 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Instead of commenting on the individual applications of the people I support, I thought I'd make a post.  Before I go into details about who I support, a few caveats.  I didn't create this account in the last week or so just to be able to say I support someone for mod on this forum as you can tell from my post history.  I also plan on continuing to use the forum as I always have instead of creating a post about who I support and then never come back.  Also, I do not know the two people I'm supporting in-game or via other methods like Line etc.  My endorsement is based purely on what I've read over the years in the forum pages (and I have been playing CC for almost three years).

iYoda2.0 and Apec1990 are my choices for mod.  Over the years, I've seen them be consistently helpful to people and through guides and other means.  They've painstakingly put in the time answer people's questions.  As someone who's played CC for as long as I have, their outstanding knowledge of the game is an asset to the CC community.  I appreciate all the time they've put into the game and the forum, not for any glory or self-aggrandizement, but just to help players, new and old, get better.  It's apparent to me that their goal in pursuing moderatorship is about reaching a wider audience of people that can be helped rather than say a purely selfish attempt to add another feather/title in their cap.  Telling a lot of people what to do doesn't make one a leader.  A leader is able to motivate people and bring out the best in people, no matter what the endeavor is.  Real leadership also involves putting in the grunt work behind the scenes to make the forum and the gaming experience better for all.  Seems to me, iYoda2.0 and Apec1990 are leaders in the truest sense of the word.  I wholeheartedly endorse them and hope they'll have the opportunity to continue to keep up the great work they've been doing as moderators.

Signature
WeGamers/Line ID: AvengingAngelCC
Posted on 9/5/16 3:33:04 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

This thread has been banned.

Signature
Posted on 9/6/16 1:14:55 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Warning has been issued  Warning

Signature
Posted on 9/6/16 2:29:53 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Wait who has new accounts showing support ? This may give the wrong impression towards a  new guy that's fairly active. I dislike posts that begin with ambiguous accusations then switching it up to showing support. In general this isn't high school guys. I would assume the clique thing would lead to negative points. Moderators remain neutral not cliqueish.

Signature
Fair use.
Moral Rights. 
Gotta love America. 
Posted on 9/6/16 11:03:53 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I would simply like to ask the moderators to please consider the kind of language the applicants have used in their past posts when considering them for the new moderator position(s). Hopefully something you had originally planned to do anyway.  Negative language should never have a place in forums and should be used as a criteria to reduce the applicant pool.

Thank you moderators.  You've been doing a great work and I appreciate the time and effort you've put in.   Best of luck to all applicants!

Signature
Vice Leader of ImperialOrder (Smurf)
Member of LeagueofHeroes (Main)
Leader of Goat (Main and Smurf in Clash of Desert)
Apply via Line: ID Meenan5
Signature updated 03/29/2017
Posted on 9/6/16 2:29:09 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]First off, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me. I appreciate each and everyone of you and the support you've shown.  I truly feel honored to serve on the forums and I personally feel that it's as much of a privilege as it is a responsibility. I am a leader of a community on a different platform and also a Guild Leader, therefore I did not take the decision to apply for moderator lightly. However, I want to be a moderator for the iOS players so that I can help encourage more activity so that there will be less of a gap between the iOS forums and the Android forums. Having been able to rally more than 50 people in only 3 days to come show their support by voting for me, I am confident that I have what it takes to help to revive the forums and make them active again. 

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]The members of iOS forum get to help choose their moderators, which is ideal, because who will there be to moderate if the members don't like the moderators and don't want them? This is not about choosing someone just because they are well known or how long they've played the game, it is about choosing someone who possesses diplomatic traits and leadership skills and also has a thorough understanding of the game.  Being a leader comes naturally to me.  I was never just a regular member in any guild I've been in, because I always wanted to be a part, if not a catalyst, of change. If I become a moderator, I would encourage and help to initiate a cause for everyone to come be active on the forums on a more frequent basis. Thank you to everyone for your time and consideration, and good luck to all of the candidates.

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Have a great day!

Signature
Awaken
Line ID: Merchx
Posted on 9/6/16 4:21:19 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

You're Amazing!

Signature
Posted on 9/6/16 7:43:08 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Goodluck

Signature
IGG Info: Facebook.com/IGG
Events/Info: Facebook.com/CastleClash

Posted on 9/6/16 8:23:45 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Maybe it's my age showing, but I found that I have little interest in Line/YouTube/Facebook/etc.  Forums are still my bread and butter, and the Castle Clash iOS forum is my home away from the game.   

I've been a member of this forum for a long time, and I've seen a lot of good people come and go.  If the forum needs help, then I want to throw my name into that hat.  I probably spend as much time on the forums, as I do in-game, so if my assistance can keep the boards up and running, I want to contribute.

I like to think I've helped more than I've hindered over the years, and I'm hoping my history on this forum makes me a strong candidate for the position.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 9/8/16 10:25:18 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

"Why id like to be moderator?"
I want to be a mod for cc is because I've been active ig for about a year and a half now roughly, I've became very familiar with this game, I've had a quiet of few friends join iOS, android, and pc I learned everything between from skills hbm guides and much more I just recently been active on this forum because I wasn't able to make an account my phone wouldn't let me I change to iOS from android I'm very active I'm going to start being very active on forums daily with check ins a few goals and achievements but i want to help I want to join the cc staff not only to hold a title but to live up too it and I'd love more then anything to be able the chance to prove what I can do :';) I hope I'm given the chance-charlesmanzzoo :) ig id, 319907647 I hope you guys give some support and have me achieve this goal thanks :) ps guild wars is up guys if u didn't know :) haha

Signature