Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 173

Total:#10

Create Thread

[Bug & Suggestion] Suggestion for Improving Guild War Scoring

[Copy link] 9/315

Posted on 7/8/17 11:37:35 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi!

I was just discussing the game with some guild mates and I noted that one of the things that made CC less fun lately was the Guild War scoring, which encourages guildmates to put pressure on everyone else to GW.  In some guilds if you miss one GW, you are expelled. 

But suppose IGG changed the rules so that it was still beneficial for everyone to GW, but there was not so much pressure on each individual person. For example, suppose they only counted the guild's highest 10 scores, or maybe the highest 10 plus the lowest 10 (well, maybe not bottom 10 because that again means everyone has to haul. How about lowest 10 with a non-zero score; that might cause a fuss...). 

Don't like this suggestion? No problem - please come up with a suggestion that's better than mine and better than the current scoring rules. There are many scoring variations that I am sure good gamers (or IGG designers) could imagine which would still encourage this activity without making it so onerous - where only the individual but not as much the guild is penalized if you miss once in a while.  That would put some additional fun back in the game IMHO. 

BTW, today is my 67th birthday (born 7/8/50), so you can think of this suggestion as an old gamer's birthday thought. When it says under my CC name on the left that I am a "senior member", they aren't kidding! :)

Signature
My four CC accounts on iOS are danHeis, LkngFrTrbl, Duffyz, and NookAuthor.
Posted on 7/8/17 3:01:18 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Happy bday dan! Gw can be the best and worst part of the game. Many would have quit without gw like myself. There are so many guilds out there as you know, so finding a good guild that fits what you want is paramount. Some like to say they're in a top 10 guild and don't mind losing. Some want to win all the time. Some don't like gw and just want to do lava3. If being in a top guild is stressful, I would suggest finding a guild that is less competitive and fits your needs. I do, however, think they can do a better job with gw pairings. You should be paired with guilds around your might and they need to put a fix to the guild hoping situation.

Signature
are you not entertained?
Posted on 7/8/17 3:19:19 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

The best way to improve GW is to revamp the whole point reward system. Removal of the existing scoring system will immediately remove 90% of the pressure associated with GW.  Further if the rewards were a standard yet increased formula that was based solely on might, then there is no pressure to hit top 5 bases or penalties for dropping flames.  

It should be structured more like FF, where participation is the primary factor governing rewards.  The distribution of prizes only increases slightly if you win in your grouping.  Each player would receive xx Fame based on their might or rank at the start of the event, and like FF would receive an additional xx Fame based on placing first in their grouping.

By doing this IGG would essential create a positive environment that inspires members to push might quickly, and also has the potential to generate additional revenue in the quest to increase might.  This should also resolve a lot of the guild hoping as most of that is driven by competition.  Either from not being able to meet requirements in the current guild or the quest to move higher in the ranking.

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 7/8/17 7:30:23 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Here's how I look at it.  At its most basic, CC is a competitive game.  The drive to win is what builds the pressure.

Thus, I feel that each individual is responsible for knowing what type of player they are.

If you join a guild in the top 50, you are going to be guided with folks who want to be the best, regardless of game limitations.  Those guilds constantly recruit, hoping to find like minded individuals, and the high turnover is due to that.

There are a lot of smaller guilds out there, in the 500-2000 range that have stress free GWs, and just out to have a good time.  Nothing wrong with joining those guilds.  

Every competitive game needs a game mode that showcases the height of competive play.  For better or worse, that mode is currently GW.

The only thing I think that needs to be fixed are things that defeat the purpose of the game.  Encouraging might restrictions, and/or guild hopping, I would hope, were not intended consequences of GW.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 7/10/17 12:20:00 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

IMO

1) Get rid of the unlimited attempts per attack (like ending before the 50% mark). An attack is an attack.

2) Also the Airplane Mode, it cannot be rid off permanently (iOS features) but reduce the time when reconnecting again to normal mode.

3) Guild hopping before Guild Wars, make it the same way as Fortress Feud where you have to register first. Those in, during the registration will be accounted from that point.

These has been exploited far too long and yet still needed to be looked at.

There's more to suggest, but thought I'd point them out again.

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
• Guild: ShadeStalkers
Posted on 7/10/17 3:00:50 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

well dan first of all happy happy birthday!!!! you and me must be the oldest cc folks around but this game remains fun to me and have met such awesome folks playing! Yup I agree there should be a groupin of might for gw and to take the stress off should be on a basis of participation. We have seen so many guilds fall apart due to this and it does need to be fixed. But dont really think IGG gives a hoot about it.

Signature
all life is precious, play nice, be nice and always smile!
Posted on 7/11/17 2:56:17 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Rather to fix those issues, I've seen many new heroes released.

They could've focused more on other progress of the games.

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)
Posted on 7/11/17 11:17:19 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi,

I suggest that igg do like average gw score of the guild. You take the highest score and the lowest score out of the equation  and you do a average score of others.

This maybe prevents some new guilds with like 10-20 high mights with the rest low might to always win in gws.

Signature
Posted on 7/11/17 1:51:50 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

~Bugs and Sugesstion section.

Signature
[left]You are the best for yourself[/left]
Posted on 7/16/17 9:21:24 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Was looking for this topic, thought it was deleted.

Signature
• iOS Ver. (Latest)
• iPhone and iPad
• CC Ver. (Latest)