Castle Clash - iOS Today: 0    Total Posts: 220

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Bug & Suggestion] I got screwed

[Copy link] 6/161

Posted on 10/13/17 4:26:12 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

This is a great game to play but it is not a cross platform game. Meaning if you ever decide to get an Android device you will not be able to access the account you have on your iPhone, or vice versa. If you spend real life money on this game and then happen to get another device that's not run by IOS you will have to start over and any money and/or time you spent on the IOS platform will have basically gone to waste. I was an Android user for years and loved this game, spent tones of money and time on it, decided to get an iPhone one day and boom. All that time and money for nothing. Sweet.

Suggestion:
Castle clash is cross platform, be more like them..

Thanks for nothing IGG.
Dave.
[Edited by FirstLady]

Signature
Posted on 10/13/17 9:28:58 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Same here, spent a lot on both platforms because of this problem.
You can still play your android account on an emulator like bluestacks or nox, of course not the same thing, but there is no ios emulator.

Signature
OG24.com
Posted on 10/13/17 3:39:20 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Android phones are cheap. Buy a cheap tablet or phone to play on.

But yes I feel your pain. IGG helping apple keep Apple customers :(

Signature
Posted on 10/13/17 6:25:18 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Daveson, While I feel your pain, but I can't agree.  IGG did not screw you, the game was never a cross platform vehicle and Android was released long before iOS was.  You made the choice to play on the platform that you choose, just like you made the choice to purchase an incompatible device.  So I am confused how you can blame anyone for this situation when the choices were yours and the information has always been in the forefront.

Could it perhaps be your fault for not asking the question before investing your funds into the game, as well as purchaing a device that does not support the platform?  As consumers we have a responsibility for the monies we spend.  However all is not lost, you do have viable options to play the game, if the account is Android, you can purchase an inexpensive device, or use a emulator such as OG24com suggested on PC.  Based on feedback in these forums Bluestacks, Nox, Andy and DroidX are the most popular products.

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 10/13/17 9:18:12 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

When I started solo playing this game there were no guilds, and I was f2p, so playing on iOS or Android was the same for me... my iPod Touch had a better screen and performance than my Samsung with Android 2 so that was the only choice I had to do. However two years ago some friends also started playing on Android so I started playing more there as well. Result = lots of time, and $, on both.

I could always buy another device, and did, but ignoring friends is a bit more difficult.

Signature
OG24.com
Posted on 10/15/17 4:47:14 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Making CC cross-platform is something that has been discussed since day one.

There are a handful of reasons against cross-platforming, but I feel there are more benefits these days.

I too hope IGG can implement cross platform one day.

Signature
Posted on 10/16/17 9:11:14 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

We all get screwed on occasion.  Sometimes it's more pleasant than others.

Signature
Visualize Whirled Peas