Castle Clash - iOS Today: 3    Total Posts: 554

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Bug & Suggestion] Change GW scoring to take onus off guild members

[Copy link] 4/237

Posted on 6/26/18 12:10:27 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I made the following suggestion soon after GW first came out, but with a recent rash of guild-mates quitting the game, I thought it appropriate time to try again:

Change the GW scoring to de-emphasize the team placement on the rewards (just reduce the weighting of that one parameter). That way if someone does well in GW they get well rewarded but if others choose to not participate, it doesn't hurt their guildmates (or is much less harmful), so there will be no (or at least less) pressure on them to participate or else.

Right now a big onus on the game is to participate in Guild Wars. But the game is a lot of fun without this onus, and changing that one scoring parameter would do a lot to make the game more fun and less stressful. Some of those who quit cited this "Do GW or else" pressure as a prime reason.

Signature
My four CC accounts on iOS are danHeis, LkngFrTrbl, Duffyz, and NookAuthor.
Posted on 6/26/18 12:40:09 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Great idea!  If they can change lamevanica why not charge gw scoring?

Signature
Posted on 6/27/18 1:20:31 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

If i understand correctly you want the top 10 in each Guild to not get extra rewards and have everyone in the Guild get the same rewards?
If that is the case i dont think IGG will do anything because if it was made like that there would be no incentive to raise Might seeing as this is what the primary score is based off.
This would mean that no matter what Might you are and no matter what place you finish in your Guild you will get the same rewards.
This is meant to be a team based competetive mode and to be competetive you need to have certain conditions.
Remove these conditions and the game mode becomes less competetive somewhat.
If i was a high might player and got the same rewards as a low might player i would simply find a Guild where I was the only high might because its easier to win.

Signature
https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelsYoda
LINE: iYoDa2.0
Posted on 6/27/18 11:49:22 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think you misunderstood what Heis was suggesting.  Make the bonus for the guild coming in first versus second smaller. Your might will determine your points but the bonus for guild ranking would decrease.

Signature
Posted on 6/28/18 8:37:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I like the idea, but since this is a competitive game, I do feel the competitive element is important.

What I would like is simply more incentive for people to show up. More incentive to deal with difficult GWs. 

What if winning GW gave out gems?

Or what if winning first place in a GW gave out Dragon Soulstones?  Level 5 talent boxes? What if GW incorporated the Fame payout in addition to FF style chests based on the number of GW points scored.  

These are obviously extreme examples, but if I got 1800 fame with a chance for dragons SS, gems, 5 talent boxes, etc. for a first place max payout, I'd be pretty excited for every single GW.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights